GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE AND USE OF THE YOOPIES.CO.UK WEBSITE
The website Yoopies.co.uk has been created and published by Yoopies SAS, a simplified joint-stock company with share capital of €26,225.00, with its registered office at 17 rue Froment, 75011, Paris, France, registered on the Paris Trade and Companies Register, number 533 592 051,
Tel.: 01 83 89 92 66
Publishing Director: Benjamin Suchar – contact@Yoopies.co.uk
Creative Director: Benjamin Suchar – contact@Yoopies.co.uk
Intracommunity VAT number: FR06 533592051
SIRET number: 53359205100031
The website Yoopies.co.uk is hosted by AmazonWebService Amazon CS Ireland Ltd, Unit 27, 6400 Cork Airport Business Park, Kinsale Road, Cork, Ireland. Amazon CS Ireland Ltd. Amazon CS Ireland Ltd is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) group company with its registered office at Inc. P.O./ Box 81226, Seattle, WA 98108-1226, Tel.: (206) 266-4064 (http://aws.amazon.com).
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use of the Yoopies.co.uk website (hereinafter referred to as the “General Terms and Conditions”) are aimed at setting out the conditions for accessing and using the online Platform and service offered by the company , a simplified joint-stock company with share capital of €26,225.00, with its registered office at 17 rue Froment, 75011, Paris, France, registered on the Paris Trade and Companies Register under the number 533 592 051 (hereinafter referred to as “Yoopies”), publisher of the website Yoopies.co.uk , and specifying the framework of the relationships between Members and the Platform.
The website Yoopies.co.uk is available in English at https://Yoopies.co.uk.
II . The aim of Yoopies’ activity
Yoopies offers the following services:
• Yoopies provides Service Providers and Service Users with technical tools and means allowing them to connect via the Platform in order to enter into a work or services contract,
• Yoopies hosts Assignment offers and requests, and more generally all content generated by Service Providers and Service Users,
• Yoopies assists Users in making declarations and with administrative procedures aimed at obtaining grants for Personal Assistance Services,
• Yoopies organises Assignments and payment for these in accordance with the procedures set out in these General Terms and Conditions.
• Yoopies is not acting as an agent in any capacity, nor as a home service provider but solely as a contact platform, as such, Yoopies connects Service Users and Service Providers offering the following services:
• Childminding services: Profiles for full-time or part-time nannies, part-time babysitters, (after nursery/school), emergency or occasional-use nannies, or childminders.
• Private home-based tutoring: Profiles of professionals specialising in providing home-based tutoring in circa twenty subjects (English, mathematics, French, Spanish, physics, piano, etc.)
• Assistance and/or support for the elderly: Profiles for companions and carers to assist elderly relatives (shopping, housework, cooking, personal care, etc.)
• Household maintenance and housework: Profiles for domestic assistants and/or maintenance technicians for household tasks.
• Animal care: Profiles for pet-sitters offering pet-walking and/or pet-sitting services.
Hereby, it must be noted that Yoopies’ obligations are limited to supplying the means necessary in order to connect Service Providers and Service Users and assist them accordingly.
III . Acceptance of the General Terms and Conditions
Use of the Yoopies.co.uk website is subject to these General Terms and Conditions for the Yoopies.co.uk website (the “General Terms and Conditions”). By using the Yoopies.co.uk website, the Users (as defined in s.1) acknowledge that they have read, understood and unreservedly accepted these General Terms and Conditions. Moreover, by using the Yoopies.co.uk website, Users acknowledge that they have accepted the privacy and personal data protection policy.
Yoopies may amend and update these General Terms and Conditions of Use as well as the Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy at any time. The General Terms and Conditions and the Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy applicable when the Yoopies.co.uk website is used are those by which the User is bound.
Users are advised to keep up to date with the currently applicable the General Terms and Conditions. The currently applicable version of the General Terms and Conditions and the Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy can be viewed at any time by clicking on the link “Terms and Conditions” available in the website footer of yoopies.co.uk.
In these General Terms and Conditions, words or expressions beginning with a capital letter, whether used in the singular or the plural, will have the following definitions:
“Assignment”: denotes the service conferred upon the Service Provider by the Service User.
“Content”: denotes all offers, literature, messages or information of any nature whatsoever (text, images, videos, photographs, comments, marks, company names, etc.) uploaded by a Member.
“Data” : denotes personal data enabling the identification of the User.
“Member”: denotes a Service Provider or Service User using the Yoopies.co.uk platform.
“Personal Assistance Service”: denotes all of the services offered by the Platform such as nanny services, housework, care for the elderly, tutoring, pet-sitting.
“Platform”: “denotes the structure put in place by Yoopies, which can be accessed online at the following address: https://Yoopies.co.uk.
“Premium Subscription”: a paid subscription giving the User access to the paid services offered by Yoopies for a limited period, which is tacitly renewable for a period equivalent to the initially chosen period.
“Service”: denotes all paid or free services offered by the Platform.
“Service Provider”: denotes a Member registered on Yoopies.co.uk website willing to carry out the Assignment requested by the Service User or offering personal assistance Assignments to Service Users. A Service Provider may be an individual or a business which may or may not provide the services in its own name. The Service Provider may be a nanny, childminder or babysitter.
“Service User”: denotes a Member, a natural person, wishing to hire the services of a Service Provider via the Platform.
“User”: denotes any person using the Platform, whether they are just a visitor or a Member.
“Verification”: an option indicating whether a profile has undergone special Verification.
2 : Intellectual property
2.1 . Content shared by Yoopies
All elements (drawings, images, text, logos, etc) constituting the Platform are the exclusive property of Yoopies. Generally, the User is granted a personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable right to access and use the Platform, with any other right expressly excluded without Yoopies’ prior consent in writing.
The Yoopies trademark and Yoopies.co.uk domain name are, and remain the exclusive property of Yoopies.
2.2 . Content shared by the User
Yoopies holds a license to use the intellectual property rights attached to the content provided by the Users for the purposes of distribution on the Platform.
The User expressly authorises Yoopies to amend the aforementioned content in order to comply with the style requirements of the Platform and/or in order to make it compatible with the technical performance requirements or media formats concerned.
The Users grant an international and non-exclusive license to use the information and/or data provided. Users are solely responsible for the content of the information and/or data. Yoopies reserves the right to delete any content highlighted and/or interpreted as being illegal, morally reprehensible or infringing intellectual property rights.
When downloading information on the website, the User may restrict or prohibit use of the information put online on the Platform by notifying Yoopies via the website or by post addressed to Yoopies SAS, 17 rue Froment, 75011 Paris, France.
3: Accessing and using the Platform
3.1 . Accessing the Platform
The Platform is accessible 24 hours per day, seven days per week. However, Yoopies reserves the right, without providing notice or compensation, to temporarily suspend the Platform or access to the remote Services in order to carry out work including but not limited to: updates, maintenance operations and amendments to the servers, etc.
Yoopies reserves the right to complete or amend the Platform and Services available on the Platform at any time.
In the event of temporary or prolonged unavailability of the Platform, in particular in the event of glitches or in the event of permanent closure of the Platform, Yoopies cannot be held liable for the damage that occurs other than damage resulting directly from the non-fulfilment of its obligations specified in this instrument.
Yoopies provides no guarantee that the Platform will function without interruption and that the servers providing access thereto and/or third-party websites for which hypertext links appear, do not contain viruses.
Yoopies cannot be held liable in the event that one or more Users are unable to connect to the Platform due to any technical fault or issue.
The Platform connects the following persons:
On the one hand: Service Users who are registered on the Platform in order to be connected with Service Providers. They offer to pay the Service Providers to carry out Personal Assistance Assignments. Service Users’ access to the service is restricted to:
- Any natural person with full legal capacity to be bound by these General Terms and Conditions in the context of their Personal Assistance needs and not for the purposes of reselling, leasing or exchanging the Services for the benefit of third parties in the form of a professional or occasional activity.
On the other hand: Service Providers offering Personal Assistance Assignments. Service Providers’ access to the service is restricted to:
- Any natural person aged 16 or over with authorisation to work in the UK and a liability insurance and without a criminal record.
Legal persons or natural persons acting on behalf of a legal person are prohibited from registering on the Platform as Service Users without prior written permission from Yoopies, establishing contact with Service Providers, fully or partially recovering the database from the website or using the website.
Yoopies reserves the right to ban any User registered on the Platform and take any legal action if it believes that it has incurred damage of any kind as a result of such acts, more specifically in the event of use of its database for commercial or market research purposes (market research carried out on and/or information collected from Yoopies’ Users, use of Service Providers’ personal information, misleading advertising, etc.)
Service Users and Service Providers registered on the Platform are jointly referred to as “Members”.
As mentioned above, Yoopies uses the Platform, provides the technical tools and means allowing Service Users and Service Providers to connect, hosts profiles, messages, Assignment requests and, more generally, any content generated by these, manages the organisation of and payment for Assignments in accordance with the terms laid down in s.5.3.
Yoopies does not carry out any Personal Assistance Assignments. Yoopies merely acts as an intermediary for connecting Service Users and Service Providers.
3.2 . Registration on the Platform.
In order to use the Services, the User must register on the Platform by completing the dedicated form in order to become a Member. When doing so, the User must provide all information marked as mandatory when completing the form available online on the Platform. This information must be correct, up-to-date, truthful, and proved upon Yoopies’ first request, as well as updated regularly by the Member via the User profile.
More specifically, the Member must specify a valid e-mail address which will allow them to confirm their registration as well as a telephone number on which they can be contacted.
Yoopies reserves the right to accept or refuse any registration in the event of non-compliance with these General Terms and Conditions.
The Member agrees to personally use the Platform and refrain from allowing any third-party access thereto in their place or on their behalf. The Member agrees to create just one account.
The Member agrees to ensure that their username and password are kept private and confidential. Any Assignment carried out using the Member’s username and password will be deemed to have been completed by them, and this Member will therefore be solely responsible for this.
(i) Provisions regarding Service Providers
- Verification of information
In order to guarantee Service Users the accuracy of information provided by Service Providers called upon to complete Personal Assistance Assignments, Yoopies offers a Profile Verification System (“Verified Members”). This Verification consists of verifying the identity, personal details and potential qualifications held by the Service Provider who have opted for the Verification service.
- Identity: the Service Provider submits an electronic copy of their identity document (Identity Card, Passport, Residence Permit or Document valid for residents from outside the European Union). Yoopies will verify that the surname, first name and age submitted during registration on the Platform are consistent;
- Qualifications: if the Service Provider states that they hold certain qualifications, they must submit an electronic copy of these. Yoopies will verify that the qualification has been issued to the surname and name provided during the Service Provider’s registration.
- DBS document: Yoopies is unable to accept a DBS document that contains one of the offences mentioned into this link (official link and documents of the UK Government) https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-list-of-offences-that-will-never-be-filtered-from-a-criminal-record-check
Service Providers wishing to be verified must pay an amount of £4, which will cover the costs associated with the Verification.
One week of Premium Subscription is offered to Service Providers for whom a Verification has taken place, as specified in s4.1 below.
By publishing an advertisement, Service Providers agree to Yoopies forwarding this advertisement to its partners in order to maximise their chances of finding a job or person meeting their expectations.
Only the content of the advertisement is automatically forwarded and published on the websites of said Yoopies’partners. Service Providers’ identity remains confidential and will not appear on the advertiser’s website. In order to contact Service Providers, any person interested in the advertisement appearing on the partner’s website will be automatically redirected to the Platform and must register in order to contact the Service Providers.
(ii) Provisions regarding Service Users
Service Users have the option to publish an advertisement describing the Personal Assistance Assignment for which they wish to find a Service Provider.
By publishing an advertisement, Service Users agree to Yoopies forwarding this advertisement to its partners in order to maximise their chances of finding a job or person meeting their expectations. Only the content of the advertisement is automatically forwarded and published on the websites of said Yoopies’ partners. Service Users’ identity remains confidential and will not appear on the advertiser’s website. In order to contact Service Users, any person interested in the advertisement appearing on the partner’s website will be automatically redirected to the Platform and must register in order to contact the Service Users.
4: Conditions for accessing the Service
Access to and registration on the Platform are free of charge. Usage is also free of charge depending on the services required.
Using the internal messaging service is free of charge, Service Providers who are registered with the Platform may contact Service Users who have published an advertisement.
Service Users who are registered with the Platform may view the availability of Service Providers.
Moreover, in addition to registration, Members may choose to sign up for the Premium Subscription service in order to become a ‘Premium Member’, it being specified that all packages are subject to a fee.
4. 1. Premium Subscription offered to Service Providers
The Verification procedure gives Service Providers the possibility to sign up for the Premium Subscription service offered as a monthly package, allowing them to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Advertisements of Premium Service Providers will appear at the top of the results list following a default search carried out by Service Users.
- Premium Service Providers have access to the telephone numbers provided on certain advertisements of Service Users who have agreed to provide these, it being specified that access to Service Users’ telephone numbers is only granted once an initial message has been sent.
The Premium Subscription is tacitly renewed every month and costs £9 per month.
Furthermore, the monthly Premium Subscription is automatically renewed at the end of the week of Premium Subscription offered free of charge during the Verification process.
Subscriptions will be renewed automatically. Renewals can be cancelled at anytime by going to the 'My Account' page - The option is found under 'Premium'
The Service Provider is informed about the automatic renewal at the time of payment for the Premium Subscription and/or during the Verification process. The information is provided on the dedicated page before these actions are carried out.
4. 2. Premium Subscription for Service Users
Any Member Service User may sign up for the Premium Subscription Service offered as a monthly, quarterly or annual package, allowing them to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Advertisements of Premium Service Users will appear at the top of the results list following a default search carried out by Service Providers.
- Premium Service Users may contact Service Providers on an unlimited basis via the internal messaging service;
- On an unlimited basis, Premium Service Users may contact Service Users who have published a care advertisement shared via the internal messaging service;
- Premium Service Users will have access to the telephone numbers of all Service Providers who have agreed to provide these, it being specified that access to Service Providers’ telephone numbers is only granted once a response from the Service Provider has been received via the internal messaging service;
- Premium Service Users may view advertisements published by other Service Users in relation to Service Provider Assignments. They may contact the Service Users who have created these advertisements via the internal messaging service on an unlimited basis;
- Premium Service Users may reserve Service Providers;
- Premium Service Users benefit from a free credit of 50 pounds when subscribing to a 3-month Premium Subscription, or 100 pounds when subscribing to a 1-Year Premium Subscription. This amount is automatically credited to their account and can be used for any of our services eligible to online bookings. This credit, usable at any time during the Premium membership, is limited to one time per user. Therefore, the Service User can not benefit several times by purchasing several Premium subscriptions. Any attempt to manipulate the system or use credits through bulk, third party or group submission, macro, "script", "brute force", masking of the IP address, the use of a fraudulent identity, or any other automated means (including any system designed to penetrate other systems) is strictly prohibited. Any fraud or attempt of fraud will result in the closing of the Service User’s account and the invalidation of the credits, which will have to be refunded to Yoopies if they have been used. Where applicable, Yoopies reserves the right to initiate any legal action if it believes that it is the victim of any prejudice as a result of such actions. Cancelling the renewal of the Premium Subscription will result in the invalidation of the credits on the User's account. As these credits are reserved for new Premium subscriptions by Service Users, they will not subsequently be eligible for any other credit reserved for new Service Users.
The after-tax price of Premium Subscriptions can be found on the website in the dedicated area. The price of these subscriptions decreases depending on the subscription period requested:
- For one month: £29.90 including all taxes
- For three months: £60 including all taxes
- For one year: £156 including all taxes
Payments are made in cash online via credit or debit card: Carte Bleue, Visa, MasterCard.
Service Users must provide their credit or debit card number as well as the expiry date and the three-digit security code on the back of the card. The SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol guarantees complete privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided online.
All payments are final and no partial or total refund for the subscription will be granted by Yoopies unless a request is made within the legal fourteen-days cooling-off period. However, this right is lost should you access and/or use the element of the service you purchased, as specified in Clause 9 below.
Service Users are able to submit a promotional (promo) code offering them a discount on the standard price or a number of days of free subscription.
By accepting the general terms and conditions, Members acknowledge that the promo codes :
1. Cannot be used for other goals as those envisioned by the specific conditions established by Yoopies for each promo code;
2. Cannot be duplicated, sold, or transferred in any way, nor be made available to the general public through a post in a public forum, social media or other without Yoopies’ express authorisation;
3. Can expire before use and be deactivated by Yoopies at any time for any reason without engaging Yoopies’ liability.
Yoopies reserves the right to refuse any promo code and/or to make the order and the use of those promo codes of a Member invalid in the case Yoopies estimates the use of a promo code has been made wrongly, fraudulently, illegally or contrary to specific conditions applicable to promo codes or to the General Terms and Conditions. In addition, in those situations, Yoopies reserves the right to:
1. Proceed to the closure of the account of the Member disregarding the aforementioned conditions
2. Members are required to refund the promo codes used for another goal than the one described in the established specific conditions by Yoopies or by the General Terms and Conditions.
The Premium Subscription service is tacitly renewed for the same term as the one initially chosen.
It is possible to end the automatic renewal of the Premium Subscription at any time by selecting the “Stop the automatic renewal” option which can be found by clicking on the section “My Account”, then selecting “Premium”, then the “Option” tab.
The Service User is informed about the automatic renewal at the time of payment for the Premium Subscription. The information is provided on the dedicated page before these actions are carried out.
In the event that an Assignment is currently in place between a Service Provider and Service User, the Service User may not stop the automatic renewal of the Premium Subscription until the Assignment(s) has/have been completed and/or canceled.
5: Description of the Services
5. 1. Internal Messaging Service
A Service User may contact a Service Provider via the internal messaging service. After registration, the Service User can send 3 messages to Service Providers for free without having subscribed to the Premium Subscription beforehand, by clicking on “Contact” on a Service Provider’s profile.
Regardless of whether the Service User has taken out a Premium subscription, in the first message, they must provide information on their Assignment request: the type of service, frequency, days of the week and hours.
Any other message, other than making contact, within the limit of 3 contacts, requires that the Service User to subscribe to a Premium Subscription.
If the Service Provider agrees to contact the Service User, the Service User may then offer subject to having subscribed to a Premium Subscription :
- One or more interviews to the Service Provider, specifying the date and times of the meeting and - if the interview will be in person the place must be specified. If a telephone interview, the place does not need to be specified.
Provided that they have signed up for the Premium Subscription service, and aforementioned cases excluded , the Service User may send written messages to a Service Provider, as long as this initial contact has been accepted by the Members. If the Service User has not signed up for the Premium Subscription service, they may only send one written message.
The Service User may access the telephone number provided by the Service Provider as soon as the Service Provider agrees to the contact with the Service User.
A Service Provider may contact a Service User via the internal messaging service. When the first message is sent, the Service Provider is asked to provide their motivation in writing in response to the Service User’s offer.
The Service User may access the telephone number provided by the Service Provider as soon as the Service User agrees to the contact with the Service Provider.
Provided that they have signed up for the Premium Subscription service, the Service Provider may access the Service User’s telephone numbers as soon as the Service User accepts the contact by the Service Provider.
The Service Provider may accept, refuse or discuss a Service User’s request for an interview.
The Service Provider may accept, refuse or discuss a Service User’s reservation request.
The Service Provider may send written messages to a Service User provided that the initial contact has been accepted by both parties.
5. 2. Reservation (Assignment Request)
Yoopies is enrolled in social and societal accountability, for Service Users and Service Providers. In order to combat undeclared work, widespread when hiring Service Providers, the Service User commits to use online reservation for Service Providers for the realisation of Assignments and commits not to pay the Service Providers outside of the Platform. To this extent, the rates are freely negotiated between the Service User and the Service Provider within the limits drawn by legislation. The Service Provider registered on the Platform commits to always use online reservation on the Platform to provide for his Assignments and commits not to accept payment for his Assignments from the Service Users outside of the Platform.
The Yoopies company reserves the rights to exclude any User registered on the Platform who is disrespecting these Terms.
In any case, a Service User can make an Assignment Request without sending a message to a Service Provider beforehand.
The Service User is free to choose the Service Provider who best meets their needs, either by directly sending them an Assignment Request via the Assignment form or by accepting their application after the Assignment offer has been circulated via the Platform.
Under no circumstances will Yoopies advise or guide the Service User when choosing a professional or when hiring a home-worker. The Service User is solely responsible for selecting the Service Provider who they will contact and they undertake to comply with the legislation in force when drawing up the contracts between them. Yoopies does not guarantee the Service User that the Service Provider has the necessary documents allowing them to carry on a paid or unpaid activity in the UK. Yoopies cannot be held liable under any circumstances.
To reserve a Service Provider, the Service User will complete an Assignment form describing the Personal Assistance Assignment for which they wish to find a Service Provider. More specifically, the Service User will provide the following information on the reservation form:
- the type of service
- the frequency of the Assignment (single Assignment or recurring Assignment)
- the days of the week and hours of the Assignment
- the start date of the Assignment
- the end date of the Assignment
- a personalised message describing the requirements and providing the essential information required in order for the Assignment to be carried out correctly
- the address of the location of the Assignment
- a telephone number
In general, the Service User undertakes to provide all information and means necessary to allow the Service Provider to carry out the Assignment and undertakes to pay the Service Provider for their Assignment.
The hourly rate specified on the Platform corresponds to the price for one hour’s work on an Assignment. This price covers Yoopies Platform and administration costs.
The assignment price is displayed under the words “Total cost” in the reservation summary.
If the Assignment is a single one, the price corresponds to the hourly rate multiplied by the number of hours involved in the Assignment.
If the Assignment is a recurring one, the price is the weekly rate (i.e. the number of hours in the week multiplied by the hourly rate).
The price is displayed in GBP and includes all taxes.
Service Users are able to enter a promo code. This discount code may offer a reduction on the hourly cost or free Assignment hours. This discount code must be entered into the dedicated “Promo code” box at the time of confirmation of the reservation request and/or at the time of reservation. The Service User must select “Apply” in order to ensure that the discount code is taken into account.
By accepting the general terms and conditions, Members acknowledge that the promo codes :
i. Cannot be used for goals other than those envisioned by the specific conditions established by Yoopies for each promo code;
ii. Cannot be duplicated, sold, or transferred in any way, nor be made available to the general public through a post in a public forum, social media or other without Yoopies’ express authorisation;
iii. Can expire before use and be deactivated by Yoopies at any time for any reason without engaging Yoopies’ liability.
iv. Yoopies reserves the right to refuse any promo code and/or to make the order and the use of those promo codes of a Member invalid in the case Yoopies estimates the use of a promo code has been made wrongly, fraudulently, illegally or contrary to specific conditions applicable to promo codes or to the General Terms and Conditions. In addition, in those situations, Yoopies reserves the right to:
v. Proceed to the closure of the account of the Member disrespecting the aforementioned conditions
vi. Members are required to refund promo codes used for another goal than the one described in the established specific conditions by Yoopies or by the General Terms and Conditions.
The actual cost of the Assignment corresponds to the sum of the Assignment price and the related costs, minus any grants and tax credits which the Service User may claim. If the Assignment is a single one, the actual cost corresponds to the actual total cost of the Assignment. If the Assignment is recurring, the actual cost corresponds to the actual monthly cost of the Assignment. The actual cost is also related to one Assignment hour.
This document does not constitute legal advice in any way; only legal professionals are authorised to provide such advice.
The Platform in itself does not provide any home-based services. Rather, it acts as an intermediary with a view to connecting Members.
To reserve a Service Provider for a recurring Assignment, the Service User must be a Premium Member and retain this type of subscription throughout the Assignment.
5. 3. Paying for an Assignment
When an Assignment is first ordered, the Service User must register a credit or debit card by means of which a pre-authorisation request can be made to their bank for the Amounts Committed for the Services (“the Amounts Committed”), namely:
- the total price of the Assignment for a single Assignment;
- the weekly price of the Assignment for a recurring Assignment.
Only MasterCard, Visa and Carte Bleue cards will be accepted.
The Service User’s bank details will be collected by Yoopies’ payment service providers and retained by them in a secure manner during the period in which they are registered for the Services in order to allow them to make other orders or be able to pay for recurring assignments. The Amounts Committed will only be debited if the Service Provider accepts the Assignment. The transaction is carried out between the Service User and the Service Provider.
5. 4. Confirmation of completion of an Assignment and Adjustments
At the end of each Assignment, for a single Assignment or on the Monday of each week for a recurring Assignment, an e-mail will be sent to the Service User asking them to confirm the actual duration of the work carried out by the Service Provider. The Service User will have 48 hours from the time of dispatch of the adjustment confirmation e-mail which to confirm or adjust the duration of the work actually completed, otherwise the duration initially specified will be automatically confirmed and the amounts corresponding to the Assignment automatically debited and transferred to the Service Provider’s account, credited to a transitory account (“Service User eWallet”) opened for this purpose for the Service User with MangoPay.
In the event of a disagreement between the Service User and Service Provider, the Assignment price as initially established at the time of reservation on the basis of the number of hours estimated will remain unchanged. The Service Provider will then be paid the Assignment Price initially agreed on in the Assignment form.
In the event that the actual duration of the Assignment exceeds the duration initially planned, Yoopies will collect from the Service User’s eWallet an amount corresponding to the initial duration plus the additional duration multiplied by the hourly rate.
In the event that the actual duration of the Assignment is less than the duration initially planned, Yoopies will credit the Service Provider’s bank account with an amount corresponding to the duration of work completed multiplied by the hourly rate.
Following the adjustment to the Assignment duration and the amounts committed, minus Yoopies’ fee, the amount payable to the Service Provider will be transferred from the Service User’s eWallet to a transitory account (Service Provider’s eWallet) opened for this purpose for the Service Provider with MangoPay.
The amounts contained in the Service Provider’s eWallet will be transferred, minus Yoopies’ fee, via bank transfer into the account for which the details will have been provided beforehand by the Service Provider at the time of creation of their Member account. This transfer will be made on a weekly basis following confirmation of the adjustment by the Service User to the hours completed during the previous week.
It is specified that the payment of the Amounts Committed to Service Providers may be delayed, particularly due to banking restrictions.
If the Service Provider has failed to provide their valid bank details in their Member Account, Yoopies will retain the amounts owed to the Service Provider in the eWallet until the situation is resolved.
Yoopies will notify the Service Provider by e-mail that payments are waiting to be collected and that they are required to provide their correct bank details or new bank details (once a period of five years has elapsed, the amounts owed to the Service Provider can no longer be claimed).
By accepting the Assignment, the Service Provider undertakes to register their bank details in their personal user area on the Platform in order to receive the price of the Assignment.
5 .5 . Cancellation of an Assignment
(i) Cancellation by a Service User
Service Users may cancel a single Assignment free of charge and without any compensation to the Service Provider.
In the event of suspension of recurring Assignments, the Service User will contact the Service Provider directly in order to notify them of the suspension, without any need to cancel the Assignment. They may adjust the number of hours completed on the Monday following the recurring Assignment week.
In the event of permanent cancellation of a recurring Assignment, the Service User must assess the quality of the Service Provider’s Assignment and confirm the permanent cancellation of the Assignment. The Service User will be able to adjust the recurring Assignment week immediately, i.e. at the time of cancellation, or carry out this adjustment on the Monday following the recurring Assignment week in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions laid down in Clause 5.4
(ii) Cancellation by a Service Provider
Service Providers may cancel an Assignment free of charge and without any compensation to the Service User.
In the event of suspension of a recurring Assignment, the Service Provider will contact the Service User directly in order to notify them of this suspension, without any need to cancel the Assignment. The Service User may adjust the number of hours additionally completed.
Yoopies reserves the right to terminate a Member’s account in the event of excessively frequent cancellations.
6: Quality assessment of Assignments
Once work has been carried out by a Service Provider, the Service User will be invited to leave a comment on the quality of the Assignment completed by the Service Provider and give them a rating. The comments and ratings left by Service Users can be viewed by other Users on the Service Provider’s profile.
Yoopies reserves the right not to publish the rating given in the event of abuse or if the rating appears inappropriate.
Service Providers agree that their Assignment(s) may be rated by Service Users and are aware that this will take place on the Platform.
The aim is to provide Service Users with a guarantee of the skills held by Service Providers called upon to complete Assignments.
Under no circumstances does the rating relate to the person, but rather their Assignment as a home-based Service Provider.
The rating consists of grading several aspects of the Assignment, with scores of between one and five stars. Adding these grades together gives an overall rating which is also between one and five stars.
The grading criteria are as follows:
- Communication skills;
If the Service Provider has received at least one rating, the average rating of between one and five stars will be published online next to the Service Provider’s profile, as said profile is published online on the Platform. A new average will be established with each new rating.
Individual ratings given by Service Users to a Service Provider may be disclosed to the Service Provider in question if requested. The Service Provider may respond to the rating, exercising their right to respond, by responding to the rating on their profile.
Depending on their length of service or on trends in ratings given by Service Users, Yoopies reserves the right to delete ratings.
7: Payment to Yoopies
In return for the Services provided to Members, Yoopies will receive the price of Premium Subscriptions as well as commission on the Price of Assignments.
The amounts paid for Premium Subscriptions and commission are indicated on the Website.
Yoopies reserves the right, at its discretion and under terms and conditions for which it will have the final say, to propose promotional offers.
The amounts payable for Subscriptions and the applicable commission may be increased or decreased at any time. Members will be informed via any useful means of the date of entry into force of the new amounts thirty (30) days before they are published online.
The new amounts will apply to any Assignment for which the form was created after the entry into force of these amounts and to any Subscription signed up for after their entry into force.
Members acknowledge and accept the fact that they are responsible for acknowledging the amount of commission applicable on the date on which they show interest in and/or accept an Assignment or the amounts applicable on the date on which they sign up for a subscription.
8: Financial transactions
8. 1. Transactions and Premium Subscriptions.
8. 2. Transactions and Payment for Assignments.
Yoopies has chosen to entrust Leetchi Corp. S.A., via the MangoPay system, with respect to all of its payment services via debit/credit card for the payment of Assignments.
9: Right of withdrawal
In accordance with article L. 221-18 of the French Consumer Code, the right of withdrawal is valid for fourteen days starting from the conclusion of the contract.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, a letter or e-mail should be sent, expressing clearly in writing the desire to exercise this right and providing the details of the contract; the following format may be used:
“Dear Sir or Madam,
For the attention of Yoopies, 17 rue Froment, 75011, Paris, France
Following the contract entered into on [indicate the date on which the Assignment form was approved or the date on which a subscription was taken out], I hereby exercise my right of withdrawal.
[clearly indicate your surname, first name, registration e-mail and address]”
The request must be sent:
- either by letter posted to the following address: Yoopies, 17 rue Froment, 75011 Paris FRANCE
- or by e-mail sent to the following address: email@example.com
However, in accordance with article L.221-28 1° from the French Consumer Code, this right is lost should you access and or use the element of the service you purchased. (Non-exhaustive list of examples: exchanging messages with Service Providers or Service Users, request for or completion of an Assignment, etc.).
10: Roles and responsibilities
1 0.1 . Roles and responsibilities of Members
Users have the following obligations:
- To refrain from using the Platform for any purposes other than those defined in this Introduction.
- To refrain from disclosing personal information on their profile, allowing other Users to contact them without going through the services offered by Yoopies.
- To refrain from posting, indicating or disseminating, in any form whatsoever, information or content aimed at decreasing, disrupting or preventing normal use of the Services, interrupting and/or slowing down normal circulation of messages between Users via the Services, such as software, viruses, logic bombs, spamming, etc. Yoopies reserves the right to delete spam messages sent by a User in order to retain normal use of the Service for the other Users.
- To refrain from posting, indicating or disseminating, in any form whatsoever, nor make any comments or engage in any behaviour of a slanderous, damaging, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, offensive, aggressive, inappropriate, violent, threatening, harassing, racist or xenophobic nature or with sexual connotations, inciting hate, violence, discrimination or hate [sic], encouraging illegal activities or the use of illegal substances, or more generally activities that are in breach of the purposes of the Platform and able to damage the rights of Yoopies or a third party or which are contrary to public order;
- To refrain from posting, indicating or disseminating, in any form whatsoever, information or content which includes links to third party websites of an illegal nature, contrary to public order and/or non-compliant with Yoopies’ purpose.
Users are reminded that they are not authorised to indicate or disclose to other Users via the Platform information enabling others to identify them, such as their surname, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number.
By using the Platform you agree to indemnify Yoopies, our directors, employees, agents, subcontractors, and affiliated companies against any and all third-party claims and liabilities related to your breach of this Agreement.
10. 2. Roles and responsibilities of Yoopies
Yoopies and Members are independent parties, each one acting in their own name and on their own behalf.
Yoopies does not enter into any agreement in the name and/or on behalf of a Service Provider or Service User. Service Providers and Service Users enter into agreements directly between themselves via the Platform.
Since Yoopies is not a party to any agreements entered into between Users, it cannot be held liable in any way for any difficulties which may arise when entering into or during the implementation of these agreements entered into between Users, and nor can it be a party to any disputes whatsoever between them in relation to guarantees, declarations or obligations of any kind by which Users are bound.
More specifically, Yoopies is therefore not liable for the quality or conformity of Assignments undertaken by Service Providers.
As a result, Yoopies cannot be considered as a Member’s employee/employer under any circumstances and the Service Providers cannot be considered as subcontractors of Yoopies.. .
Yoopies declines any liability for any incidents or accidents which may be suffered by Members or third parties during Assignments. More generally, Yoopies cannot be held liable for damage of any nature (personal, physical, material, financial or any other) arising during an Assignment. No claim in this regard will be accepted.
Yoopies undertakes to provide the Services with diligence and in accordance with the applicable rules, regulations and legislation, it being specified that it is bound by an obligation to provide the means rather than an obligation to achieve results, which Users expressly acknowledge and accept. Yoopies’ liability is exclusively limited to the provision of the Services in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in these Terms.
Yoopies cannot be held liable for Content written by third parties. Moreover, any claim must be forwarded in the first instance to the author of the Content in question.
Any Content causing damage to any person whatsoever may be reported to Yoopies in accordance with the provisions laid down in Article 6-I-5 of French Digital Economy Law no. 2004-575 of 21 June 2004, and Yoopies reserves the right to take the measures laid out in s.11 and 12.
11: Penalties for non-fulfilment
In the event of non-fulfillment of any of the provisions laid down in these General Terms and Conditions, or more generally any breach of the laws and regulations by the User, Yoopies reserves the right to:
• Suspend, delete or prevent access to the Services by the Member or the person responsible for, or involved in the non-fulfillment or breach;
• Delete all or part of any Content in relation to the non-fulfillment or breach in question;
• Take any appropriate measures and issue any court proceedings;
• Where applicable, notify the relevant authorities, collaborate with them and provide them with all information which may help to identify and stop illegal or unlawful activities.
12: Suspension and termination
1 2.1 . Deactivation of a Member’s account
Each Member may deactivate publication of an advertisement published on their personal account in order to be connected with other Platform Members. The deactivation is in this case temporary and the Member may reactivate it any time. As a result, the Member’s account will no longer appear in the search list.
The User may reactivate their advertisement at any time.
12. 2. Termination of the Member’s account
- Service Provider’s account
Each Service Provider Member may terminate their registration with Yoopies at any time by asking for their account to be closed without any reason and without any costs other than those associated with sending their request or in the section My account, Deactivate my account, Delete my account. To close an account, there must be no outstanding and/or uncompleted Assignment. A Service Provider Member wishing to close their account while an Assignment is underway must firstly cancel their Assignment(s).
For Service Provider Members holding a Subscription still valid at the date of the termination request, this request will not give rise to any refund for the period remaining until the Subscription expires.
- Service User’s Account
Each Service User may terminate thier registration on Yoopies at any time by requesting the closure of his account for no reason and without charge other than those related to the transmission of his request or on his profile by clicking on the profile modification pencil icon and by clicking on "Unsubscribe from Yoopies" and clicking on "Yes”.
If the Service User has one or several Assignment (s) in progress, he must first cancel his Assignment (s).
If the Service User has subscribed to a Premium Subscription whose renewal has not been stopped, he must stop renewing his Premium Subscription.
- General provisions
Without prejudice to the other provisions laid down in this these Terms, in the event of a serious breach on the part of a Member, Yoopies may terminate their account without warning or official notification. This termination will have the same effects as any termination acted out by the Member.
This termination will take place without prejudice to any damages which may be claimed by Yoopies from the Member or their legal beneficiaries and legal representatives in order to compensate for any damage suffered by Yoopies as a result of such breaches.
Privacy and data protection policy
Yoopies is responsible for processing this data. The address is 17 rue Froment, 75011 Paris – France, and the email address is : firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoopies undertakes to collect and use Users’ Personal Data in strict compliance with French legislation on Data Protection, more specifically the provisions laid down by the French Data Protection Act and by the European General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD)
By using the website, Users accept that their Personal Data will be treated in the manner and for the purposes described in this instrument. Users are assumed to have read and understood this Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy since it is necessary to accept it at the time of registration.
The Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy is available on Yoopies.co.uk at any time and may also be downloaded and printed from the Platform.
The Platform may contain links to other websites owned by individuals, companies or entities. Under no circumstances is Yoopies responsible for the content of these websites or for their Privacy and Personal Data protection Policy.
14 : Type of data collected by the Platform
Data is collected both via information directly provided by Users and via actions completed by Users on the the Platform (automatically).
Users are informed whether the information to be provided is mandatory or voluntary at the time of collection.
More specifically, information is gathered when Users: Register, buy a Premium Subscription, proceed to the Verification of the profile (for Service Providers), contact customer service, reserve online, browse the website and view Service Users’ or Service Providers’ profiles, register on the website; purchase a Premium Subscription; choose to undergo a profile Verification procedure; browse the Yoopies website and view profiles of Families or Service Providers; contact customer services.
14.1 Data collected with information given directly by the User
Some data is mandatory in order for Yoopies to give to the User the Services, notably the Data given for registration. If this Data is not given, the User cannot create an account and subsequently cannot use the Services offered by the Platform. Likewise, if the User does not communicate his bank details, the User will not be able to buy a Premium Subscription or to reserve.
The Data collected by Yoopies and given directly by the User may include: the name, the surname, the password, the postal and mailing address, the land line number, the mobile number, the date and place of birth, photographs, education, diplomas, interests, language spoken, economical and financial information, daily life information (life habits, family situation), bank details, identification data, identity document, working authorisation, working visa.
14.2 Data collected automatically
This Data can include vocal recording when the User contacts Yoopies’ customer service.
It can also include Data when the User connects to the Platform through social media. In this case, Yoopies can have access to some Data the User published on the said social media such as the name, surname, photograph, email address, etc…
Yoopies collects technical data from Users, such as the Internet browser version, the version of the system exploitation, the IP address, information identifying the computer or the other device serving to the visit of the Platform.
15: Purpose of data collection
The purpose of the Data collection is to offer Yoopies Users a secure, optimum, efficient and personalised service. The collect of Data enables:
- The use of the Platform;
- The management, protection, improvement, optimisation of the Platform;
- Account customisation;
- Receiving payment and allowing payment for Services
- Providing for the Services in accordance with the contracts concluded between the Member and Yoopies;
- Sending information on the Services (reservation confirmation for example) or on the Platform ;
- Contacting Customer Service;
- Connecting and communicating with other Members;
- The provision of the Services offered;
- Resolving any technical problems and disputes;
- Customisation, evaluation, improvisation Services and Contents ;
- Informing Users about the Services through targeted marketing and/or promotional offers ;
- Preventing, detecting and investigating all potentially prohibited and illegal activities and so as to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use of Yoopies;
- Enabling the respect of legal and regulatory obligations. as well as the respect of these Terms;
- Checking and moderating Members' profiles ;
- Preventing and combating computer fraud.
16: Duration of conservation of Data
Yoopies conserves Data for the time necessary to the operations for which it has been collected and respecting the applicable legislation.
- This duration is of 5 years after the latest use of the Platform if the Member did not erase his account.
- In the case of the account being erased, the Data is erased totally and definitively within the best delay and the Data is not retained
- “Cookies” are retained for a maximum of 13 months
Exceptions to the aforementioned durations are anticipated in case Yoopies has to respect a legal obligation requiring the treatment provided for by European Union law or by the law of the Member state Yoopies is submitted to when treatment is necessary to the recognition, exercise or defence of rights before justice and for other exceptions provided for at Clause 17.3 from the GDPR.
17: Cookies Management
Cookies are not used to gather Data without the User’s knowledge, but instead to record information on how the User browses the website which may be directly read by Yoopies during future visits and requests by the User, for example the pages viewed or the date and time at which these pages were browsed.
Yoopies allows Users to block all cookies. If cookies are blocked, browsing possibilities will be reduced for certain pages of the website.
Cookies make it possible to recognise Users during their next visit, secure transactions which Users may make on the Plateform, register the language spoken by Users and allow Yoopies to carry out analyses on traffic visiting the website’s information pages with a view to improving the content thereof.
Cookies are not automatically activated by default, with the exception of the cookies needed in order for the Yoopies website and services to function. In accordance with the regulations in force, Yoopies requires the User’s consent before activating any other type of cookies.
Users are able to set up their browsing software to block or clear cookies.
To block cookies:
• In the Chrome menu, select “Settings”;
• Bring up advanced settings;
• Go to the paragraph “Privacy and security”;
• Select “Content settings”;
• In the paragraph “Cookies” (first paragraph), you can authorise storage of local data, prohibit all websites from storing data or block cookies and data from third-party websites.
To delete cookies:
• In the Chrome menu, select “Settings”;
• Bring up advanced settings;
• Go to the paragraph “Privacy and security”;
• Select “Cookies and site data”;
• Search for the cookies that you wish to delete and click “OK”. You may also choose to delete all of your cookies.
To block cookies:
• In the Firefox menu, go to “Preferences” then “Privacy”;
• In the “History” paragraph, select “Use custom settings for history”;
• Choose to accept or block cookies and third-party cookies.
To delete cookies:
• In the Firefox menu, go to “Preferences” then “Privacy”;
• In the “History” paragraph, select “Use custom settings for history”;
• Select “View cookies”;
• Look for the cookies that you wish to delete and select “Delete cookie”. You may also choose to delete all of your cookies.
To block cookies:
• Select “Tools” then “Internet options”;
• Select the “Privacy” tab, then on “Settings”. Move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies;
• To block or allow cookies according to type, move the slider, then Internet Explorer will provide a description of the types of cookies which are blocked or authorised at this privacy level.
• To block cookies on certain specific websites, select “Sites” and type the address of a website, then click “Block” or “Allow”;
• Click “OK” to validate.
To delete cookies:
• Select “Tools” then “Internet Options”;
• Select the “General” tab, then “Browsing history”, then “Delete”.
• Tick the “Cookies” box then click “Delete”.
To block cookies:
• In the Safari menu, select “Preferences”;
• In the opened window, go to the “Privacy” tab;
• You can choose to block or enable third party cookies.
To delete cookies:
• In the Safari menu, select “Preferences”;
• In the opened window, go to the “Privacy” tab;
• Select “Delete website data” or on “Details” to delete the cookies of your choice.
18 : Recipient of Data
Data may be transmitted:
- By publishing an ad, the Service Users accept that Yoopies relays this ad to its partners, in order to maximize their chances of finding a person corresponding to their expectations. Only the content of the ad is automatically relayed and published on the site of the said Yoopies partners. The identity of Service Users remains confidential and not visible on the advertiser site. To be able to get in contact with the Service Users, any person interested by the apparent announcement on the site of the partner, will be automatically redirected on the Platform, with obligation of inscription to be able to contact the Service Users.
- Yoopies does not sell or rent the Data to third parties for marketing purposes without your express consent. When the User authorizes Yoopies and in accordance with applicable legislation, Yoopies may send Data concerning Users to its business partners.
- If required or permitted by law or if transmission is deemed necessary, in order to comply with Yoopies' legal obligations, to respond to any claim against Yoopies, to respond to any legal requests or in the case of surveys and investigations, to enforce the contract and in particular these General Terms and Conditions with Members and to ensure and guarantee the rights, property and safety of Yoopies, its employees and any third parties.
- In the event of a sale or purchase of a business or assets, Yoopies reserves the right to share the Data with the potential seller or buyer of such business or assets.
The Member's profile is publicly accessible and therefore some Data can be seen from the public, on search engines, depending on what the User has been informed about his profile or in his ad, such as for example the first name, the city, the postal code, the photo, the content of the ad, the location, the languages spoken, the nationality, the experience, the life habits, the age group of the youngest child, the professional experiences, the diplomas.
19: User’s Rights
In accordance with Law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Data Processing, Data Files and Individual Liberties, known as the "Data Processing and Individual Liberties Law", and European Regulation No. 2016/679 on the protection of personal data and on the free movement of such Data, the User may exercise any right described in this section with Yoopies by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Note that Yoopies may request the User to have his identity verified before taking any other measures concerning his request.
- The right of access authorises the User, upon proof of identity and if the conditions for exercising this right are met, to obtain the communication of the Data concerning him.
- The right of rectification authorises the User to request that the Data concerning them be modified, updated or deleted when they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right of deletion/erasure authorises the User to demand the deletion of the Data concerning him/her free of charge, within the limits of the legal obligations incumbent upon Yoopies. Every User also has the possibility of deleting his account and his Data which are attached to it.
- The right to portability allows the User to receive his Data that he has provided in a structured format, commonly used and readable by a machine and to transmit it to another controller.
- The right to opposition allows the User to oppose the processing of his Data for legitimate reasons.
- The right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority and the right to take legal action before the courts if the User considers that his rights have not been respected.
Clause 20 : Survival
In the event that one of the provisions contained in these General Terms and Conditions becomes invalid or unenforceable following a change to legislation or a court decision, this will not under any circumstances affect the validity and compliance with the other clauses contained in these terms and conditions.
Clause 21 : Applicable law – Competent courts – Alternative dispute resolution methods
These General Terms and Conditions are governed by French law.
In the event of a disagreement between Yoopies and a User and if it has not been possible to settle this disagreement in the context of a claim made beforehand in writing directly to Yoopies customer services at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, the User may have recourse to a consumer mediator for free with the objective of resolving amicably the dispute between him and Yoopies. The User may refer the matter to the European Ombudsman, whose contact details and referral procedures are available on and http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. respectively.
Any disagreement or dispute that cannot be settled amicably shall be settled either under the Civil Procedure Code, the jurisdiction of the place where the defendant resides, or the place where the service is performed, or under the Consumer Code, the jurisdiction of the place where the User Service resided at the time the contract was concluded, unless public policy rules attribute jurisdiction to other courts.